My favorite winter treat has always been peppermint bark...chocolate and peppermint make the best combination in dessert or coffee. Here's how you can make peppermint bark at home...looks great and can be given as a gift.
1. Equal parts milk and white chocolate (I used 2 c. of each)
2. 20 Peppermints (More or less depending on your liking)
1. Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. While it's heating up, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. After the water has boiled, turn the temputure to low-med, place a bowl over the pot, and melt the milk chocolate until completely smooth.
2. Pour the chocolate into the cookie sheet and spread evenly.
3. Let the milk chocolate completely until hardened (I left it over night).
4. Next melt the white chocolate the same as the milk chocolate.
5. While the white chocolate is melting, place the peppermints in a Ziploc bag and crush with a tenderizer until fine pieces.
6. After the white chocolate has melted pour over the milk chocolate and spread evenly.
7. Immediatly after, sprinkle the peppermint over the white chocolate so that it sticks to it and let cool until the white chocolate hardens.
8. And finally, after the chocolate hards, peel off the parchment paper off the back off the chocolate, and break into random pieces. The candy can now be placed on a plate or in a gift box to given to a loved one.
If you have a chance to make this; send me pictures! Enjoy!