Decorative cake stands can be so expensive if you buy them at the store...so why not make your own at home! :) Here is the how to:
For each cake stand you will need:
- 1 square piece of plywood that will hold your cake/food
(can be cut to any size you would like)
- Enough trimming to go around the top piece of plywood
- 1 wood furniture leg
- 1 square base
- Spray paint in any color you prefer
- Drill a hole in the middle of the top and bottom pieces.
2. Screw the top and bottom pieces to the wood leg from the top and bottom.
3. Fill, let dry, and then sand the holes were the screws are (or you can leave it if you will have plates on top of them - since you won't see them).
4. Then paint and let dry to any color you would like...