I made this cake a few weeks back. I actually made two...
one for us and one for the in-laws. It was so good!
Before you begin - place the cream cheese out
to soften to room temperature. At least 30 min.Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 c. graham crackers
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 4 c. of mixed berries, such as strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
- 1 Tb. confectioner's sugar
- 1 lb. softened cream cheese
- 1 Tb. powdered gelatin
- 3/4 lb. orange chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 pint heavy cream
1. Lightly grease and line an 8-inch, round, loose-based cake pan with nonstick wax paper.
2. Place the graham crackers in a plastic bag and crush using a rolling pin, or use a food processor. Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan, and add the crushed graham crackers and min. Press the mixture into the bottom of the lined pan, then chillin the refrigerator for 20 min.
3. After the cream cheese has reached room temperature, place it in a bowl and beat until smooth. Set aside.
4. In a saucepan, bring a small about of water to a simmer to melt the gelatin & chocolate.
5. Pour 4 Tb. of water in a small bowl and sprinkle over the gelatin. Leave to stand for 5 min until spongy. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and let dissolve, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
6. Melt the orange chocolate in a heat proof bowl set over the saucepan of simmering water, then leave to cool slightly.
7. Whip the cream until soft peaking form. Beat the gelatin and chocolate into cream cheese. Fold in the cream. Spoon into the pan and level the surface. Chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours to set.
8. Remove the cheesecake from the pan and place on a serving plate. Top with fruits, durst with confectioner's sugar and serve.