· Nonstick cooking spray
· 1cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2cup white whole-wheat flour
· 1/4cup quick-cooking rolled oats
· 2tsp. baking powder
· 1/2tsp. ground cinnamon or apple pie spice
· 1/4tsp. salt
· 1egg, lightly beaten
· 3/4cup fat-free milk
· 1/2cup sugar
· 3Tbsp. canola oil
· 1/3cup craisins, coarsely chopped
· 1/4cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
How to make them:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray twelve muffin cups with nonstick spray or line with paper baking cups and set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine all-purpose and whole-wheat flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In a medium bowl combine egg, milk, sugar, and oil. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in the cranberries and toasted walnuts. Spoon into prepared muffin cups. Place a few extra walnuts and craisins on top.
3. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until tops are lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool muffins in pans for 5 minutes. Remove muffins from pans and serve warm.