CREAMY CHICKEN POCKETSYield: 8 pockets, 3-4 servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2-3 small chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs, optional
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the diced chicken with the onions and garlic.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1 tablespoon melted butter until smooth. Stir in the cooked chicken, onions and garlic. Add the salts, pepper and milk. Mix well.
Separate the crescent roll dough into the eight triangles. Dollop a tablespoon of filling into the center of each triangle and fold the corners up to seal. Press and seal firmly. Place on ungreased baking sheet or stone and repeat with the remaining dough and filling. Brush the tops with the melted butter and sprinkle with the bread crumbs (optional).
Bake for 11 – 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
To heat up leftovers, bake in a preheated 350˚F oven for 10 minutes.