Last Saturday evening I threw a girl’s night at our apartment. It was a small simple get together, but it was SO much fun! Making our own pizzas, watching a movie (Johnny English – HILARIOUS if you haven’t seen it), and topped it off with some Pictionary.
I started making the dough about 2.5 hours before the party.
2.5 hours later…the dough was MUCH larger :)
I think I had probably every topping you can think of on the table…more than one option is nice :)
And here is one of the finished products! :) They were SO good!
Here is the recipe for all you to try…this allows for 1 large pizza, 2 medium pizzas, or 4 individual pizzas…I doubled the recipe for the party to created 8 individual pizzas for the girls.
Easy Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 cup warm water (approximately 110 degrees F)
- 2.25 tsp. (1 Packet) Active Dry Yeast
- 1 Tb. sugar or honey
- 2 tsp. salt (preferably kosher)
- 2 Tb. oil (preferably olive oil)
- 3 c. bread flour
- I actually just learned that bread flour allows for a crispier crust…although you can still use an all-purpose flour also.
- + additional oil to coat bowl
- + Semolina flour or Cornmeal for bottom of pizza
1. In a large bowl pour 1 cup warm water over 2.25 teaspoons active dry yeast. Allow the yeast to “wake up” for about 5-10 minutes (this means the yeast will dissolve and you will see bubbles in the mixture).
2. Add in the sugar/honey, salt, and oil. mix together with a wooden spoon.
3. 1 cup at a time, add the 3 cups of bread flour; mixing well in between each one.
4. Lightly flour a working surface and place the dough mixture on the counter. Knead for approximately 10 minutes (FYI: you wrists and arms will get a workout). Shape dough into a ball.
5. Then coat a large clean bowl in oil. Also lightly cover your ball in oil also, place in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap & a kitchen towel.
6. Place the pizza dough in a warm area, and allow to rise for about 2 hours.
7. Preheat over to 500 degrees F. (preheat oven with baking stone if you will be using it – use one or the other…pizza pan or baking stone)
8. After dough has risen, sprinkle your surface (counter, plate, pizza dish, etc.) with Semolina or Cornmeal and roll out the dough to your desired thickness or size.
9. Go topping crazy!!! :) Anything and everything you want goes on top…don’t forget the cheese!
10. Bake in a 500 degree F oven for approximately 10 minutes or until the crust has become lightly golden & crispy, and the cheese has melted…and enjoy!