I made this Banana Foster for dessert last night…YUM!!! It was so easy, and so good…I wouldn’t mind making it tonight also! :) I came across this recipe while watching The Nate Show yesterday…while at the gym. Yes, I know, very hypocritical…but its okay…right?
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
2 bananas (sliced into ½ inch pieces)
½ cup dark brown sugar
½ cup orange juice
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ stick butter (chilled and cubed)
1. In a medium sauté pan, heat on medium the orange juice, brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Gently stir. Cook until reduced by a third or when sauce appears to become syrupy (approximately 5 to 7 minutes).
2. Add bananas and continue stir for about a minute or until the bananas are coated.
3. Cut off heat and stir in chilled butter constantly until fully incorporated in sauce.
4. Place two scoops of vanilla ice cream into bowl and pour bananas foster on top.
5. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, toffee, or walnuts if desired. Eat and enjoy!
Recipe Credit – Image credit belongs to One Fell Swoop