Hello everyone! I would like to share by sweet treat I came up with today. I had some blueberries and a grapefruit I needed to use up. So what came into my mind…LEMONDADE! With a twist of course. The base idea was from the raspberry lemonade I posted last summer. (Click here to see that recipe)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of water
- ¾ cup blueberries; pureed and pushed through a fine mesh sieve;
- plus more whole berries for garnish if desired
- 1 cup fresh squeezed citrus juice (use any combination of lemon, grapefruit, & lime juice)
- 4-6 cups cold water (this will vary depending on your taste)
- Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar with 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and heat until the sugar in completely dissolved and becomes clear; swirl the pan occasionally. Let cool.
- Freshly squeeze 1 cup of any combination of lemon, grapefruit, and lime juice (I used 1 lemon, 1 grapefruit, and 1/2 bottle of lime juice).
- Measure 3/4 of fresh blueberries and puree them in your blender or food processor. Push the raspberry puree through a fine mesh sieve to separate the seeds from the pulp.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, combine the blueberry puree, simple syrup, and lemon juice in a large pitcher.
- Add 4-6 cups of cold water (I add 4 cups because I wasn’t as sweet as the raspberry lemonade). The amount of water you use will depend on your taste, so add as little or as much as you want to achieve your perfect sweet/tart balance.
ENJOY! Let me know how yours turns out!