Hello everyone! Hope you had a great week! So today we are having a bake sale at our church for building of churches in Belarus. I made the Blueberry Crumb Cake from last week (5 CAKES!) and these beauties…homemade cheese Danish!
- 1 pkg (17.3 oz.) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 c. fresh berries
- 1/2 c. sliced almonds (optional – I used almond flour since I didn't have sliced (ground almonds)
- Powdered sugar
- Place the pastry sheets on a work surface and cut each sheet into fourths. Have two baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, which the cream cheese, egg, powdered sugar, lemon zest, and vanilla until smooth.
- Divide the mixture among the eight squares of pastry. Top each with 3-4 berries.
- Cut a 1” slit in the corner of each pastry, them fold the pastry over the cheese so that just the center is exposed. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Place each Danish square on the prepared baking sheets. Bake on middle rack of a preheated 450-degree-F oven for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and crispy. remove from oven. Cool slightly, and sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Enjoy!
Recipe from Small Sweet Treats by Marguerite Marceau Henderson
Image credit belongs to One Fell Swoop