I have been planning to create a prayer box for a while now, and now finally I got around to doing it today. I always think of so many people I would like to pray for, and then sometimes I forget or comes up later. So here is a little DIY of how to get all those names from you phone and email!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1. Your computer
2. Printer w/ Paper
4. Larger Box w/ divider or smaller box inside
WHAT TO DO:
1. If you have a smart phone, sync all your contacts from your phone, Facebook, Twitter, etc. onto your Gmail (or any email account). – PS: If you don’t have a smart phone or don’t know how or want to sync your contacts you can just type them up.
2. Go to your Gmail Contact list. Click on the More tab and select Export…
2. In the pop-up that comes up select All Contacts (or a specific group if you have that) & the Google format Option…click Export.
3. Your computer will automatically download an Excel file onto your Desktop or Downloads File (depends on your computer settings). Your file will look like this:
4. When you open the file it will look like a large spreadsheet with lots of different columns. Feel free to delete all the unnecessary information in the spreadsheet.
5. Go ahead and print that spreadsheet and cut out all the names! This is probably the most time consuming part I disliked the most LOL :)
6. I bought my boxes at Target. The larger one is a plastic storage box.
And the smaller one is a desk organizer piece I found on clearance.
7. Place you names in the box, and off you go! :) I placed the names in the larger box right now, and then each day I will choose a name. (Sophia is my baby niece :), a real cutie).
8. After I pray for the person that day, I will put them in the smaller box. And will continue to rotate the names back and forth. :) I am really excited to get this going!
Here is another idea I came across on Pinterest; a prayer bucket!